Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Have Time if You Make Time

How often do we find ourselves saying, "I just don't have time to do..."  There are so many demands on us today that sometimes we simply don't know which end is up!  As a child and teenager, life seemed more simple and one of my favorite things to say was..."you have time if you make time."  Looking back now, there was a time as a teen and young adult when I worked two jobs, was active in Church with teaching children and went to school full time.  I had began to experience the concept of time and the constant demands on it, but saw how I used my time as my choice, thus leaving time for the most important things.

Now, when I catch myself thinking or saying, "I just don't have time to do..." I am reminded that we all have rigorous schedules and constant demands on our time.  There are numerous jobs and actions that should be done everyday, but when we really evaluate our lives, we have time for the important things, if we make time for them.  Our life is about choices.  If you have a mental list of items you would love to have time to do...free yourself a little and simply make time for them.  You will be so glad you did!  Then when the next New Year rolls around you won't be bemoaning the fact that you never had time to do what was most important to you.
   

1 comment:

  1. So true and wonderful advice...blessings to you and thanks!

    ReplyDelete