Love - God sent His Son, Jesus to be born
Joy - Jesus brought hope of forgiveness and a way to have a relationship with God
Peace - God has always been in control and has a plan for our lives
Patience - Simeon & Anna had to wait years to see God's plan, Jesus, the Messiah
Kindness - Jesus lived a life as a servant showing compassion on others, pointing them to God
Goodness - Jesus did no wrong/sin and was the only person who could make the payment of our sin. Because God is holy & perfect and we are not, we needed Jesus who was like a bridge giving us a way to have a relationship with a holy perfect God.
Faithfulness - God is faithful to forgive us if we ask Him and we can accept His gift of salvation from sin through Jesus
Gentleness - Even when Jesus was dying on the cross, He was gentle and kind to those around him. He asked God to forgive them because they didn't know what they were doing
Self Control - God gives each of us a choice. We choose for ourselves
At Christmas we celebrate the birth of Jesus, God's Son, but our choice is what we do with this baby in the manger. Do we leave him there and only remember Him at Christmas? To truly understand Christmas we must understand Who Jesus was, Why He came and What we do with Him in our lives.
We must ADMIT to God we have done wrong/sin
- Romans 3:23 “All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”
- Romans 6:23 “The wages of sin is death" (separation from God and everlasting punishment in Hell).
We must BELIEVE that Jesus was God's Son, died for our sins and came back to life.
- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 “Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures.”
- Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrates His own love for us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
- John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
We must CONFESS our wrong/sin to God and ask Him for forgiveness. Ask Jesus to be in our lives and accept this FREE gift of salvation from eternal separation from God in Hell.
- Romans 10:13 “Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
- John 3:18 “He who believes in Him (Jesus) is not condemned.”
If we accept this gift, it will be the best gift we've ever received. Only God can give forgiveness, peace and eternal life in Heaven. As you receive gifts this Christmas, if you haven't received Christ, there is still one gift waiting to be opened.
Receive the first & best Christmas gift, Jesus Christ! Merry Christmas!