Monday, November 22, 2010

Tired and Worn Out?

Life has a way of wearing us out.  I can't remember who, but I heard someone say that Life is What Happens When We are Making Other Plans.  Things can get so crazy very fast.  Here's a little story to brighten your day.  When my Son was around 3 years old he became frustrated very easily.  If you've been around any 2-3 year old's you can understand.  

One day he was sitting up his toy animals on the large picture window sill.  Since the animals are cheap plastic, they don't always sit up perfectly.  Well, my son didn't understand this.  When an animal would topple over, he would pick it back up and tell it to stay.  This worked until the animal decided to fall again.  Time and again he sit them back up and demanded them to stay.  When they repeatedly fell, he became at the end of his rope.  I heard him loud and clear say, "That's it.  I've had it!  This is ridiculous!" and all the animals hit the floor. 

Of course in a 3 yr. old language ridiculous came out hilarious and I couldn't hold back the laughter.  Aren't there days that we as adults feel like we've had it.  Have you had situations in your life where you can't make it work and time and again you try and still it just falls apart.  Often I have felt like screaming...that's it I've had it, because life can be down right ridiculous sometimes.  Don't you agree? 

Let me share some encouragement for those days.  "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."  Philippians 4:13.  When we've had it...God can help us.  When we see a ridiculous situation, He came make all things right.  When we are ready to throw in the towel, He can pick up the towel and minister to us like He did His disciples.  When we are ready to give up, we simply need to look up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment