Thursday, September 16, 2010

Simple Things in Life

On my way out the door I noticed a sight that I've seen all Summer, but never really took the time to watch.  A full spiked limb shrub is nested at the side of my house and on this day it housed several bumblebees.  The bees were unaware of anyone watching them and were content on their work.  They purposely worked a flower at a time on the shrub.  I watched them doing what bees do best and thought of how intense their focus was on their task.  

Bees know what their purpose is and they accomplish it despite distractions.  My watching didn't change their busy work, nor did starting my car.  These simple things that we see each day can remind of us a truth that we can hold onto in our lives.  What is your purpose?  Are you working steadily toward that purpose or do distractions pull you away from what is really important?  

Being created by God we each have a purpose to love Him with our whole heart, mind, soul and strength.  We are to love each other the same way as Christ loves us.  Our purpose as we go through each day is to remember who we are and just as the bees were busy doing their work, we should share the love of Christ and not allow life to distract us from this goal.  It's the simple things in life that make the most difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment