Wednesday, July 28, 2010

It's been a long time!

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."  Romans 8:28


It's been a long time since I've felt like writing on my blog.  A roller coaster has hit my family and my health has been up and down for some time.  Through the years neurological episodes has come and went.  Recently an episode continued to worsen and Dr.'s suspected Lou Gehrig's and other life changing diseases.
God opened the door for me to go to Cleveland Clinic within 1 week of my Dr. calling to refer me.  Things began to work out in ways that everyone knew that God was indeed in control.  My family and Church began praying and God continued to work.

After arriving at Cleveland the Dr.'s ruled out Lou Gehrig's and Multiple Sclerosis, which I have been treated for the last few years.  They said I have a new type of neurological disease that is not life threatening and does not totally disable you.  It has the same symptoms as MS, but does not do permanent damage to your body, which creates disability.  We will manage the symptoms and God will give me the strength to handle each day.  God gave us peace knowing I will not get any worse than I am now, nor will it take my life.  It's a blessing!

Cleveland also ran several tests on blood work looking for a cause to the neurological symptoms and they found my Vitamin D was very low and with meds they hope that my symptoms will really improve.  God has been with my family and I throughout 10 years of a roller coaster with episodes and Dr.'s giving frightening opinions of what was happening to my body.  When we call on God and persevere with our prayers, He does listen and in His time He will answer and guide Dr.s' and ourselves in His will.

As I look back throughout the roller coaster I would not have changed any aspect, even finding out the answers years ago, because I have learned valuable lessons as a Christian that has molded me, increased my faith and allowed me to minister and help others that are going through their own roller coaster in their lives.
It's been a long time reaching the end of the roller coaster, but God was sitting in the seat beside me and had complete control of where the ride was going.  With peace in my heart and increased faith I just stepped off the platform of the ride and am walking beside my Lord with my family heading in the direction of His will ready to serve and praise Him with all my heart & my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment