Sunday, June 20, 2010

Just Don't Get Excited! "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." Philippians 4:6

Thinking of Father's Day, it's neat to look back and remember the phrases your Father said over and over again.  Many of these phrases teaches a lesson.  It can be a phrase that is timely and said just when you need it.  I often think of things my parents said while I was growing up. Many of us have even caught ourselves saying the same thing our parents told us.  Isn't it scary when that happens!

One of the phrases I associate the most about my Dad is "Just Don't Get Excited!"  This was said in the middle of many small crises, that I thought would surely end the world.  Do you remember getting upset over the smallest things?  

Although this phrase reminded me to not get excited and lose perspective during small mishaps, it also taught me to handle situations with a calm head allowing me to make the best possible decisions.  During illness that I have faced with many Doctors, tests and uncertainties over the years, God has reminded me to just not get excited about the situations, that He is in control and will lead me and the Doctors.  He will work everything out for my good.  Even if situations aren't resolved the way we want them to be.  We just have to trust Him. 

We all face different circumstances where the tendency is to be overwhelmed, in despair and unsure of what to do next.  Let me encourage you...in the words of my Dad..."Just Don't Get Excited!"  God will see you through the difficulties and work things out to give you hope, peace and strength, no matter the outcome!

I am blessed to have a Dad, who guides me in the way of my Heavenly Father and reminds me to lean and trust in Him.  Thank you Dad for modeling to me our Heavenly Father's love & devotion.  I love you and appreciate you.  Happy Father's Day to my Dad, Bob Goodin!  The best Dad ever!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Selena...
    I had to redraw for the 100th post giveaway and you won. Pop over to my blog and send me your info and I will get it mailed out to you.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete